The Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry represents a diverse and vibrant business community. With a membership of over 800, the Chamber is uniquely positioned in Southeastern Pennsylvania, which is an integral part of the Commonwealth’s and the nation’s economic engine. As a “chamber of influence” and the largest Chamber in Chester County, we serve as the voice for business on local, state and federal level issues that impact business. Our programs are as diverse as our membership. From small more intimate settings for our meetings and events to the largest gatherings of decision makers in the Chester County region, our chamber is known for the quality and prestige of its events. Developing our workforce and helping our businesses to succeed is at the heart of the organization.
The home of the Chester County Chamber of Business and Industry, is in a charming serpentine stone farmhouse that was renovated December 2000. The house was built in the 1720’s as the home of Joseph Garrett upon his marriage to Mary Sharples. The serpentine stone farmhouse is part of 26-acre Goshenville, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places in November 2000.
In 2001, the Chamber dedicated the center in honor of former Congressman John H. Ware 3rd. Widely regarded as one of the most influential people in Pennsylvania politics, Mr. Ware served three terms with distinction in the Pennsylvania Senate. He also represented the 9th Congressional District in the US Congress from 1970 – 75. Mr. Ware founded Penn Fuel & Gas, Inc. and American Water Works Company. Our Chamber stays true today to the original intent of our founders.
Our leadership at the Chamber, in the form of our Board of Directors and it’s professional staff bring great vision and energy to the organization. Led by our mission statement and grounded by our core values:
- Member-Driven – We appreciate and value that our members are our core existence. We will strive to provide an environment that contributes to our members’ success.
- Excellence – We will always strive for excellence in all we say and do.
- Collaborative – We will welcome all opportunities for cooperation and inclusion in meeting the needs of our members and our community. We will work towards a common vision.
- Integrity – We will ensure alignment between our actions and our beliefs, engage in honest self-scrutiny, and do what is right for the broader good. We will be consistent and keep our commitments.
- Leadership – We will be true to our role as the business leader in our region and be a model to others in our community. We will offer our talent and expertise for the betterment of our community. We will properly use our influence and exhibit the skills of leaders to ensure the success of our organization and our region.
The Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry is committed to the development and success of our business community.
The mission of the Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry is to be a member-driven chamber of influence, providing effective connections that enhance advocacy, business development and community investment in the Chester County area and the surrounding region.
The vision of the Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry is to be the premier “voice of business” acting as a catalyst for economic prosperity and to be the developer of tomorrow’s business and community leaders.