The Chamber’s Business Plan is its one year document outlining the work of its committees as approved by the Board of Directors. As with all businesses, having a “road map” for the year keeps everyone focused and on-target with programs and initiatives that coincide with the Chamber’s mission.
Outlined below are the activities for 2016-2017
Our Core Values
The mission of the Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry is to be a member-driven chamber of influence providing effective connections that enhance advocacy, business development and community investment in the Chester County area and the surrounding region.
The vision of the Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry is to be the premier “voice of business” acting as a catalyst for economic prosperity and to be the developer of tomorrow’s business and community leaders.
Our Values…The Chester County Chamber of Business & Industry believes that our image in the community with our stakeholders – our members, elected officials, future members and partners, is paramount to the success of the organization. With this in mind, we will incorporate our values into our messages and actions. We will adhere to these values as a means to establish trust and ensure a positive reputation as an organization that is working to help our members and the communities we serve be successful.
- Member-Driven – We appreciate and value that our members are our core existence. We will strive to provide an environment that contributes to our members’ success.
- Excellence – We will always strive for excellence in all we say and do.
- Collaborative – We will welcome all opportunities for cooperation and inclusion in meeting the needs of our members and our community. We will work towards a common vision.
- Integrity – We will ensure alignment between our actions and our beliefs, engage in honest self-scrutiny, and do what is right for the broader good. We will be consistent and keep our commitments.
- Leadership – We will be true to our role as the business leader in our region and be a model to others in our community. We will offer our talent and expertise for the betterment of our community. We will properly use our influence and exhibit the skills of leaders to ensure the success of our organization and our region.
Strategic Vision: We will build our influence and visibility inside and outside Chester County.
- Public Policy Division
- Develop position statements on issues important to the business industry
- Communicate legislative priorities to the membership as approved by the Board
- Suggest Speakers for “Eye on and State of” programs
- Develop Endorsement Questionnaire and distribute to candidates for local, state and federal office
- Conduct all endorsement interviews and recommend endorsements to board of directors
- Determine and distribute funding for business-friendly candidates
- Conduct at least one PAC fundraiser during the year
- Provide direction to Government Consultant
- Participate in special roundtable programs often initiated by public officials needing an audience with a business group
- Solicit nominees for the J. Larry Boling award to be presented at the State of the County lunch
Committees: Government Affairs Committee; Chamber PAC Board, Government Affairs Interest Group
Providing Value and Connections; Engaging our Members
Strategic Vision: Create and strengthen collaborative relationships and alliances – both among members and as an organization. Engage and empower our members through high-quality core services and innovative and responsive new services.
- Membership Development Division
- Attend new member and prospect luncheons to welcome and encourage member participation
- Develop prospect lists for member recruitment and assist in Annual Campaign
- Expand industry specific or position specific groups (Shared Interest Groups) to meet on issues of importance to their area
- Develop topics/speakers for bi-monthly programs for building industry members
- Through Retention Committee, proactively call existing members to “check in” on Chamber experience
- Host annual recognition event (summer barbecue) thanking committee members
- Solicit members for Emerging Leaders group
- Foster collaborative relationships and solutions for small business members through Small Business Advisory Group programming
Committees: Ambassadors/Membership Committee; Retention Committee; Building Industry SIG; Healthcare Industry SIG; Emerging Leaders, Small Business Advisory Group
- Special Events & Fundraising Division
- Produce an annual dinner to recognize the success of a small business through the Small Business of the Year Award. Also support the Green Business Award.
- Produce an Annual Meeting Dinner to express the accomplishments of the Chamber, recognize Board leadership and present the CEO/Executive of the Year and Citizen of the Year Awards.
- Produce an annual trade show geared toward business-to-business marketing of products and services in the Chester County area.
- Host an Annual Women in Business Dinner to celebrate the accomplishments of business women in the area and recognize the Female Business Leader of the Year.
- Assist with special features of annual golf classic and volunteers day of the tournament
- Suggest new ideas to enhance summer golf league
- Conduct national leadership simulcast offering members access to high level speakers on important leadership topics.
- Coordinate regular “after hours” networking events at member establishments.
Committees: Golf Committee; Business Showcase Committee; Small Business Advisory Group; Women in Business Committee
Strategic Vision: Promote talent and skill development through teaching, training and access to quality business education.
- Business Development Division
- Develop and Implement Enroll CCCBI training program to focus training on practical and best practice examples for business to enhance the skill-set of their employees
- Create educational opportunities to support professional and personal growth with Emerging Leaders
- Coordinate bi-monthly networking events for Emerging Leaders and Women in Business
- Participate in at least one community service project selected by the Emerging Leaders committee
- Coordinate bi-monthly First Connections Program, a morning networking event
- Coordinate annual Wake Up Chester County Forum
- Develop annual summer networking series geared towards women in business
- Review applications for Female Leader of the Year and Small Business of the Year and submit recommendations to Executive Board for approval. Also promote nominations and select a CEO/Executive of the Year and Citizen of the Year.
- Conduct Peer exchange roundtables through quarterly In the Loop Series and Small Business Bonus sessions
- Coordinate annual training program hosted by Women in Business
Committees: Executive Board, Women in Business Committee, Small Business Advisory Group, Emerging Leaders; Enroll CCCBI Task Force
Building Strength / Organizational Performance
Strategic Vision: Strengthen our financial and operational performance through best practices, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Chamber Governance
- Convene as necessary, task forces to deal with issues as it relates to bylaws, director nominations, personnel or any governance-related issues.
- Conduct orientations for new and existing board members as appropriate.
- Continue to grow the Chamber’s non-dues revenue through annual sponsorship packages and implementation of the tiered dues schedule.
Committees: Executive Board, Nominating, Personnel, Bylaws,
- Develop a Strategic/Visioning process to assist with short and long-term planning
- Develop a program consisting of business education, skill-building and community awareness for juniors and seniors in the Chester County school district. Recognize the completion of the program with a graduation ceremony.
- Develop an annual auction event that will generate significant revenue for the Foundation while providing members with an opportunity to network and support the Foundation.
- Enhance the Foundation Executive League targeting CEO’s and upper management and provide special networking functions geared towards this demographic.
- Determine a short-long-range plan for the maintenance of the Chamber building.
Chairperson of the Board, Kim Brumbaugh, Brumbaugh Wealth Management
Chairperson Elect, Jim Lee, Wawa, Inc
Treasurer, Mike Stephano, Stephano Slack
Immediate Past Chairperson, Joel Frank, Esq., Lamb McErlane, PC
Foundation Chairperson, Pat Ward, WSFS Bank